Coast is timeless music by timeless artists
Coast was an overnight audience success, and continues to be one of TRN’s most popular music stations.
Coast plays the songs that have stood the test of time in a smooth and clutter free format.
Coast’s biggest fans are people aged 40-64 – those of us commonly called "Baby Boomers."
The typical Coast listener
• 40-64 years old
• Home owner mortgage-free
• Empty nester with money to spend
• Rediscovering favourite interests
• Intelligent, opinionated
The Coast listener wants personal fulfilment. They’ve earned it! They have plenty of purchasing power – in Western economies, Boomers control 75%+ of a nation’s wealth and more than half of its discretionary income, so for advertisers, Coast has the ears of the biggest spenders.
- 288,000 listeners, with 52% being female
- #1 music station nationwide^
- #1 music station for homeowners (160,000) with 107,600 owning their home freehold
- #1 music station for main income earners (178,700)
- #1 music station for household shoppers (172,400)^
- The Coast email newsletter has an average open rate of over 50% against the industry average of 16% (MailChimp)
SOURCE: TNS New Zealand Commercial National Survey 1-2013, Cumulative Audience, All 10+ Mon-Sun 12mn-12mn, unless otherwise stated
^ Station Share (%), All 10+ Mon-Sun 12mn-12mn
* Nielsen Market Intelligence Q1 2013