Hip Hop and R’n’B
Flava is an active, aware, savvy and ‘now’ radio station that connects with the new generation.
Flava’s fresh and funky beats target the Urban consumer. Primarily young people who identify with a metropolitan and cosmopolitan culture – a mix of Europeans, Maori and Pacific Islanders.
Flava blends Hip Hop and R’n’B music for an under 35 audience.
The typical Flava listener:
• Under 35 – female skew
• Educated and upwardly mobile
• Strong family ties and community orientated
• Finding their place in society
Flava is where the fast moving worlds of music, fashion and lifestyle come together. Flava listeners have money to spend on everything from concerts to cars, family to phones. This is the audience connecting to brands and trends that will shape the New Zealand market.
- 96,300 listeners, with 56% being female
- 78% of the audience are aged 34 years or under (74,900)
- 58% of listeners are in socio-economic groups 1-3 (55,600)
- 63,500 of the audience are interested in entertainment activities such as movies, sports and eating out
- Loyal online following with over 600,000 page impressions and average session duration of 8:24^
SOURCE: TNS New Zealand Commercial National Survey 1-2013, Cumulative Audience All 10+ Mon-Sun 12mn-12mn, unless otherwise stated
^ Nielsen Market Intelligence Q1 2013